Friday, April 29, 2011

Blog Post 14

For this blog post I am going to name and describe my favorite object, space, building, and place.  This goes off of what I have been learning through out this whole semester in History and Theory of Design.

Object:  The object that I am most inspired by is my mac book pro laptop.  It inspires me so greatly each and everyday because of all of the many features in possesses.  I can do nearly anything on it.  It holds all of my music, my photos that make me think of memories, my documents and things that I have typed.  It also is something that causes me to explore new ideas and thoughts by going on the internet.  I am able to research things and learn about something new each and every day.  It also is where I am able to go on facebook, where I can socialize with others and write about what I am feeling.  I am also able to use video chatting on it to reconnect with people that I may not get to see very often.  It literally has endless things to do on it, which is why I spend much of my time on my laptop doing one thing or another.


Space:  My favorite space is actually on the UNC-G campus.  It is the fountain located behind the EUC that has lots of tables and chairs, and even benches around it.  This is my favorite space because when I go here it is usually to relax and gather my thoughts or to just sit down and socialize with a friend.  The waterfall creates such a calm and peaceful feel to the space making you feel disconnected from the world around you.  When I am here I often get the feeling that i'm somewhere else that is not on campus.


Building:  The building that I admire the most is that of the Falling Water house.  Ever since I went there on the class trip I have been so extremely inspired by it.  It made me think in a whole new way about design and it really broadened my perspective of design.  I think it is just such a greatly designed house that has so many wonderful aspects to it.  This is a place that I would love to go visit again and again.


Place:  The place that inspires me the most would be Boston, Massachusetts.  This is because ever since the first time I traveled there for a vacation I was just so amazed.  I think it is such a neat city, it is large in size yet not to big.  It is just perfect.  If it were up to me I would want to live there if it wasn't for the cold weather.  I think there is just so much to do there and so many places and things to see.  This is why you really need at least a week in order to see the main parts of it.


Sources:
macbookproreview.org/
wright-house.com
allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment