Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stop Lights...

As I was riding in the car just entering the city of Washington D.C. one thing that was brought to my attention was the fact that the traffic lights that I was seeing were all mounted on a street light post on the right side corner ahead of all the intersections.  I thought this was quite interesting because all of the stop lights on the roads that I am used to driving on have the lights hanging from a telephone wire going across the roadway.  I began to look to see if all the stop lights were like this in the whole city and for what I could tell all the ones that I saw were.  I also noticed there were no telephone wires hanging around anywhere.  I feel like this concept is pleasing to the eye and it gives the city streets an authentic feeling and looks like it fits in.  I however, do not think it is good for safety reasons because I can see where it would be very easy for one to run a red light if they are from out of state because they are not easily seen but more hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment