Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Speech

After constructing my first speech in Interior Architecture class for this fall semester of second year I feel like I learned quite a bit.  I feel like it was a good assignment because it gave everyone in the class a chance to view all of the Smithsonian Museums in Washington D.C.  That was good because I personally was very curious to see what the others that I did not go to looked like on the inside of them and what they were all about.  For mine I talked about the circulation in the three museums that I visited.  These were the Air and Space Museum, The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, and the Freer Gallery of Art.  For mine I discussed how the air and space museum did not have a very good way of circulating through it because there was stuff in all different directions.  For the other two they had a very similar way of circulating through the space, you go around in order in either a circle or a square.  I think I did pretty well at presenting my speech and talking about the museums.  The thing I would like to improve on would be to become more comfortable with speaking in front of the class and not be so nervous.  I also would like to speak more on my own and not rely on looking at my notes quite so much.  I think the speech that the speaking center gave was very helpful, especially the packet of papers that they handed out.  It gave me very god tips for what to do and what not to do when giving a speech.  I however, did not have a chance to visit the speaking center before giving my speech but i do feel like I would of done somewhat better and more organized if I would of went.  I will do better on the next one by being more prepared and actually starting to plan my speech more in advance.  This is something I need to work on because I always tend to procrastinate and put things off until the last minute.  I also will try to seem less nervous when speaking and let my speech just flow naturally as I talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment